Quakers Hill Family Practice has been selected to participate in the COVID-19 vaccination rollout. Our proposed commencement date of vaccination as per the Department of Health on April 5 2021.
Vaccine supply has been allocated accordingly by the DOH and the practice will start with a limited number of vaccines per week.
The Australian Government aims to have as many people vaccinated as possible in 2021. Identified priority groups will get the first available safe and effective doses of vaccines. More people will have access to a vaccine as more doses become available throughout 2021.
We are now posed to start the rolling out of Phase 1B of the COVID-19 Vaccines National Rollout Strategy, with the following priority groups eligible for vaccination:
- Elderly adults aged 70 years and over
- Other health care workers not vaccinated in the Phase 1a
- Critical and high risk workers including defence, police, fire, emergency services and meat processing
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander over 55 years old
- People over 18 years with an underlying medical condition, including disability (seek guidance from your GP regarding specific underlying medical conditions which are eligible under Phase 1b.)
- Carers and disability workers
You can speak to your GP to discuss your eligibility or use this online tool: https://covid-vaccine.healthdirect.gov.au/eligibility
To get ready for your COVID-19 vaccination, make sure your Medicare details are up-to-date and correct. Also make sure that you continue to protect yourself and your family against COVID-19.
Learn more about getting vaccinated for COVID-19 here: https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccines/getting-vaccinated-for-covid-19