Your medical record is a confidential document. It is the policy of this practice to maintain security of personal health information at all times and to ensure that this information is only available to authorized members of staff.
- An appointment system operates in this practice with an average of 15 minutes per patient unless a long appointment is required. Please inform the reception if you need some extra time. Every effort will be made to accommodate your preferred time.
- When booking please advise the reception if your problem IS URGENT, if you require a long consultation, need a special medical examination or procedure or if more than one family member needs to be seen.
- If you are unable to keep the appointment please inform us as soon as possible so that someone else can be accommodated.
REFERRAL TO SPECIALISTS
- To ensure the best management of your care, we like to discuss your condition before referring you to a specialist. You may request a particular specialist of your choice.
- Please note that we are not permitted by law to back-date specialist referrals, so please ensure that you have a current referral before you see the specialist.
- Medical certificates are legal documents. They are available only if you present for consultation with one of our doctors. We cannot issue certificates without you actually seeing the doctor and we are not permitted to issue Certificates retrospectively.
- Test results cannot be given over the telephone unless prior arrangements have been made with your doctor. Test results are an important part of your medical care and may need explanation. To avoid any misunderstanding and to allow for discussion of abnormal results, please make an appointment to see your doctor. Test results will only be given to the patient and not to other family members.
- Our practice is committed to preventative care. Your doctor will seek your permission to be included on our reminder system. We may issue with a reminder notice from time to time offering you preventative health services appropriate to your care. If you do not wish to be part of this system, please let your doctor or reception know.
COMPLAINTS AND SUGGESTION
- If you have a problem, we would like to hear about it. Please feel free to talk to your doctor or our practice manager, Margaret. You may prefer to write to us or use our suggestion box. We take your concerns, suggestions and complaints seriously. Through this website you can send an email to your GP /Practice Manager.
Please ask us if you would like help to quit smoking